About the Elk River Area Arts Alliance
2008 - 2009 Arts Alliance Fact Sheets (PDF)
New Color Brochure with information about the Arts Alliance (PDF)
Our Mission: Recognizing that the arts are essential to the quality and health of our community, we promote an environment which offers quality arts education, arts experiences, artist support, collaborations with other arts and cultural organizations and appropriate facilities for instruction, exhibition and performance.
The Elk River Area Arts Alliance, founded in 1989, is a nonprofit organization that works with area businesses, government agencies, local schools, other arts organizations, and individual artists to provide quality arts experiences for area residents
We collaborate with other organizations to:
Our programming is supported by memberships, individual donations, local government funding, grants, tuition and other program fees. The Elk River Area Arts Alliance (ERAAA) does not discriminate on the basis of disability. Upon request, accommodations will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all ERAAA activities. Also, upon request, any of our information will be made available in alternative formats such as Braille, large print and audio tape and/or computer disk.
- Present ArtSoup, the local community arts festival
- Sponsor Strings for Youth
- Present Arts in Harmony and other exhibits
- Support local artists with Artist Gatherings
- Provide access to professional concerts, theater, dance, and visual arts experiences through Arts Explorations motor coach trips
- Produce various workshops
- Create a family and arts center with attractive community gathering space, classrooms, studios, gallery, and coffee shop
- Offer a professional concert series in the new state-of-the-art theater at Elk River Area High School